Downtown Norfolk is a dynamic mix of people, businesses and activities. No matter what your interest, there's a place for you within the Downtown Norfolk Council. Make a difference in your future and the future of Downtown by becoming a member today.
Artists and architects, bankers and brokers, residents and retailers—all are a part of making Downtown Norfolk a dynamic, attractive and prosperous place. And all understand that as Downtown prospers, they do, too.
You, your business, your employees and your co-workers benefit every day from the work of the DNC staff and volunteers. By committing to membership, you share in the responsibility of continuing Downtown Norfolk's growth and development.
We invite you to take your place among our committed group of members:
- Large corporations
- Small businesses
- Young professionals
- Arts organizations
- Non-profit agencies
Be part of our growth and take an active role in the city's continued development. It's the involvement of so many motivated people that makes Downtown successful.
To become a Downtown Norfolk Council member, click here to complete the online application.
Benefits of Membership
Receive the benefits that more than 300 other business leaders are enjoying. When Downtown prospers, business owners, property owners, citizens and visitors benefit. Here’s how:
- Networking opportunities
- Weekly & monthly newsletters
- Monthly membership briefings
- Member Appreciation nights
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Business counseling
- Leadership recognition
- Reduced fees for events and marketing initiatives
- Complimentary listing within annual Guide to Downtown Norfolk
- Cooperative advertising and promotion opportunities
- Business listing with description and link on website
- Company visibility
- Membership decal or plaque
Downtown Norfolk Council - Who Should Join
- Business owners whose success is aided by an attractive, healthy and vital business environment.
- Retailers and restaurateurs who recognize that a healthy and prosperous business community will increase sales and traffic to their business, and that cooperative programming provides opportunities to develop new customers and relationships.
- Corporate executives who understand that the success of nearby commercial districts helps attract and maintain a quality workforce.
- Downtown professionals, managers, consultants, developers, lawyers, accountants and others who share in our vision for the future of Downtown Norfolk.
- Residents who understand the importance of a friendly, welcoming and safe business district for the benefit of the entire community.
- Non-profit organizations who know that a healthy community can only improve the economic environment in which they operate and seek funding support.
- Individuals who take pride in Downtown and understand that people really make a difference in shaping the future of the place they call home.
- Friends of the Downtown Improvement District; those who support the activities of the Downtown business community and who have developed personal and professional relationships with businesses that are located here.
For more membership information or how you can become involved, call Mary Miller, DNC President & CEO, at 757-623-1757 or email email@example.com.