Downtown Norfolk Council Member
F.R.E.D. (FREE RIDE EVERY DAY)
Next time you need a lift Downtown, just give F.R.E.D. a call, 757-478-7233. F.R.E.D. is a FREE battery-operated, state-of-the-art people mover available to riders aged 8 and up. You can’t miss F.R.E.D. driving through the streets of downtown. In fact, think of him as just another Downtown Public Service Ambassador.
Area served: Trips must originate or end in the Downtown Improvement District. Hours: Monday-Saturday, 11am-Dusk. Call 757-478-7233 for service.
*Hours may vary.
Due to DMV regulations, passengers on F.R.E.D must be over 8 years of age.
* COVID-safety precautions in place, including fully vaccinated drivers, plexiglass dividers between seats, and a full cleaning in between every ride. We ask for your patience as FRED finds his footing after being off the road for a full year.
- The Pit and the Peel500 East Main Street (927 feet W)
- Subway480 East Main St (0.2 miles W)
- Gourmet Gang482 E. Main St (0.2 miles W)
- Neptune's Fury Coffee Co.999 Waterside Dr (0.3 miles SW)
- MacArthur Memorial Visitor Center Gift Shop198 Bank St (0.2 miles W)
- Bonilla Pet Studio300 Monticello Ave (0.3 miles NW)
- Cardi300 Monticello Ave (0.3 miles NW)
- Champs Sports300 Monticello Ave (0.3 miles NW)
- Police Memorial Bell810 Union Street (580 feet SW)
- Windows on History (975 feet NW)
- Flame of Liberty810 Union Street (978 feet SW)
- MacArthur Inchon Plaque MacArthur Square (0.2 miles W)
Nearby Parking Garages & Surface Lots
- Education Surface Lot800 East City Hall Avenue (160 feet NE)
- Plume Street Surface Lot550 East Plume Street (395 feet W)
- East Street Surface Lot100 East Street (1037 feet SE)
- Union Street Surface Lot999 East Main Street (0.2 miles SE)