Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
The Downtown Norfolk Council (DNC) is seeking an individual who can provide overall marketing support for the DNC with an emphasis on electronic communications, social media and managing the organization’s content-related assets.
The successful candidate must be highly creative with an in-depth knowledge and documented immersion in social media. The candidate must have excellent computer, writing, editing and verbal skills and demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team as well as their passion for urban communities.
- Responsible for layout, production and electronic distribution for all DNC e-mail communications
- Work with Marketing Specialist to maintain and update website and ensure accuracy of all content
- Manage robust social media network of over 55,000 followers by creating and publishing relevant, original and high quality content
- Create a regular publishing schedule and plan based on content strategy
- Plan and execute specific and timely social media advertising campaigns
- Work with marketing team on promotion and execution of various events and initiatives
- Assist with in-house graphics and design as needed
Position requires some evening and weekend hours.
For a full job description, click here.
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Salary: Commensurate based on experience; competitive benefit package
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Marketing and Communications
Downtown Norfolk Council
223 E. City Hall Avenue, Suite 212
Norfolk, VA 23510
Job posted until position is filled.
Downtown Norfolk Council (DNC) is a private, not-for-profit membership organization comprised of businesses and individuals working toward a dynamic, attractive and prosperous Downtown. DNC also manages the Downtown Norfolk Improvement District, a 48-block special services district with enhanced services that keep Downtown friendly, safe and spotless. Connect with Downtown Norfolk on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or visit DowntownNorfolk.org.
Please visit Block by Block for Ambassador opportunities.