There are no open Administrative Opportunities at this time.
There are no open Ambassador Opportunities at this time.
Clean Team Ambassador
The overall mission of the Clean Team Ambassador program is to assist in creating a clean, well-managed and welcoming environment to all parties who frequent downtown Norfolk, including but not limited to: tourists, business people, and local and regional residents.
Under direct supervision, Clean Team Ambassadors (CTAs) will serve as the eyes and ears of the Norfolk Public Works Department, Norfolk Dept. of Planning & Codes Administration, and will serve as public ambassadors of the Downtown Norfolk District. CTAs will clean defined areas throughout the district as specified by their supervisor. CTAs may also serve as sources of information to the public, local businesses, tenants and other agencies and organizations.
Please note qualifications below and this link for job description.
Ambassador positions need to apply in person between 8:30am - 4:30pm at:
Downtown Norfolk Council
223 East City Hall Ave, Suite 212
Norfolk, VA 23510
Please note for Ambassador positions:
- Applicants must complete the application on premises.
- Partial applications will not be considered.
- Be sure to bring 5 years of job history and reference information with you.
Clean Team Ambassador qualifications:
- Minimum of a high school graduate or GED.
- Stable work history.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and in good physical condition.
- Demonstrated experience with public contact positions.
- Willing and able to bend, walk and stand outdoors in extremes of climate for an eight hour shift
- Ability to lift thirty to forty pounds of trash and or equipment, as well as having the ability to learn and adhere to the safe operation of public space cleaning equipment and machinery.
- Willingness to wear specified uniforms and maintain a neat, professional appearance.
- Ability to work 5 day workweeks that includes weekends and selected holidays.
- Ability to work well with others, support the Downtown Norfolk District in a wide variety of activities, and be capable of following written and verbal directives.
- Minimum age of 21 years.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving history required (no more than 4 active points on license.
- Successfully pass pre-employment tests; including, controlled substance screening, background investigation and reference checks.