Love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is on its way. But don’t panic: Downtown Norfolk has you covered, from start to finish!
Prep & Pamper
Mind racing with thoughts of getting ready for the day? Or maybe you just want to treat yourself right? Downtown Norfolk has everything you need to feel and look your best!
- Bubblegum pink, sexy dark red, or chic black, VIP Nail Salon has got a color to match your Valentine's Day mood. Treat yourself in this beautiful private nail spa.
- Make yourself a priority: Smooth has a variety of waxing and skin care services to choose from, all in a calming, intimate boutique-style setting. They also have an amazing retail section: grab some eye cream, a bath scrub, candle, or tote bag while you’re there!
- Whether you want a quick trim or to try whatever is on the latest “Best Hair Styles for 2018” listicle, Salon Fringe has a team of highly skilled and diverse professionals to give you the perfect look. Or walk over to the trendy NEON District and pamper yourself at The Beauty Parlor by Q and Company, a full service salon specializing in innovative hair care and beauty while offering an exclusively Euro-chic and upscale atmosphere.
- Stock up on the makeup you love at Sephora, Dillards, & Nordstrom. Or treat yourself to a full-blown makeover! With fourteen years of professional experience, Makeup by Kim Nicole can bring out your inner beauty & help you take your special someone’s breath away – they also offer eyelash extensions!
- With nails, hair, and skin this good, why not add a new outfit? Nordstrom’s Personal Stylists can help you find the perfect knockout, all-eyes-on-me look!
- Everyone’s crazy ‘bout a sharp-dressed man. Details On Granby provides a one-on-one, custom tailoring experience to make sure you look your most James Bond. Swoon.
- Plan ahead to make a night of it! Downtown has amazing hotels, including Hilton Norfolk The Main, Sheraton Norfolk Waterside, Norfolk Waterside Marriott, Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, and Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown.
It used to be easy: cut enough hearts out of pink construction paper for all of your classmates, then just sit back, relax, and enjoy some candy. But now, it’s time to step up your game. No pressure, right?
Luckily for you, Downtown has something for everyone, from the classic to the unique and one-of-a-kind!
- If you haven't already gone, you are missing out on all the local, handmade goodness that is Selden Market. There are so many gifts here that you can only get here, like handcrafted vegan soaps, unique modern jewelry, curated retail, modern decor, quality locally made leather goods, and more. And with weekly pop-up retailers, there is always some new gift idea to be discovered. Check out all the tenants at Selden Market:
Doughminion Lorak Jewelry Velvet Witch Flutterby Soap Company Merchant's Reserve Vessel Craft Coffee Food Clothing & Shelter P.O.P. Werrell Woodworks Hummingbird Tea & Drinking Chocolate Room Thank You Gift Shop Werther Leather Goods
- Looking for something as sweet as your sweetheart? Gourmet Gang is now taking orders for chocolate covered strawberries and truffles, or stop in at Chocollage and peruse their dessert creations. The Rustic Tart offers an array of amazing pastries, or grab a dozen delicate and scrumptious French macarons from Hummingbird Macarons & Desserts. And don't forget all of Pop Culture Gourmet's amazing popcorn combos; you're sure to find something for the sweet, salty, or savory fan!
- MacArthur Center features one million square feet of amazing retail offerings, insuring that you will be able to find anything you need for Valentine's Day.
- For your One-Of-A-Kind Valentine, check out Prince Ink Print Shop for unique, only-in-Norfolk gifts, including T-shirts, notebooks, footballs, and more.
- Whether it be an ironic sweatshirt, whimsical home goods, or something completely out of the box, Urban Outfitters is bound to have something for even the hippest Valentine.
- Step up your flower game with a unique and beautiful arrangement from The New Leaf.
- Not a sommelier? Leave it to the pros: the folks at Tinto Downtown Norfolk in Dominion Tower or Origin Wine Social in Freemason on Bute Street can help you find the prefect wine to go with your date plans!
- With sections for fiction, poetry, history, biography, boating, travel, current events, and more, Prince Books is like a bibliophile’s heaven. Seriously.
- And maybe now is a good time to mention that a gift certificate to any of the options included in the Prep & Pamper section make a great gift! :)
Downtown Norfolk is always abuzz with activity, and with so many vibrant and unique options to choose from, you may need to make it a week long celebration!
- Is it a beautiful day? Get active and take advantage of the romantic waterfront: pack a picnic, hop on a bike, and explore the Elizabeth River Trail! Come down to Town Point Park and walk or bike the picture-perfect waterfront.
- ANCHORS AWAY! Grab your Valentine and take to the river aboard the Spirit of Norfolk for dinner or brunch. Stunning skyline views, inspired cuisine, and an experience unlike any other all make for the perfect celebration of love.
- Enjoy a creative afternoon and tap into your inner artist at the Chrysler Museum Glass Studio, offering Hot Glass Heart Sessions as well as a Flaming Heart Date Night on selected dates.
- Several Downtown restaurants will be hosting special menus for Valentine’s Day, including California Pizza Kitchen's "Sweet Deal for Two," available from Feb. 14-18, and Grain's Will You Beer My Valentine? on Valentine's Day. You can also check out ALL of Downtown Norfolk’s dining options here.
- Culture it up with the Virginia Opera's performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Harrison Opera House.
Celebrate with Your Squad
Who says couples have the monopoly on fun for Valentine’s Day? Get in formation, suit up your squad, and hit the town.
- We have two words for you: Bacon & Beer. Now that we have your attention, O'Connor Brewing Company & Stone Brewing Richmond are teaming up to bring you both at their Valentine's Beer Release & Bacon Pairing. There's really not much more to say about this other than see. you. there.
- Laugh your tail off at Panties in a Twist, the epic and hilarious sketch comedy show written, directed, and starring women.
- Show your ultimate #1 BFF love by giving a spa day at Muddy Paws: a nice bath or a day of doggie daycare will be just what little Bark Twain needs to get a pep back in his step.
- What better way to spend a Sunday than celebrating your best ladies and delighting in avocado toast & champagne? Cure Coffeehouse and Brasserie is hosting it's 3rd Annual Galentine’s Day Brunch, complete with mimosas, photobooths, art, music, treats, games, and more!
- Get your aggression out watching a fight at a Norfolk Admirals game.
- Grab the kids for some one-of-a-kind family fun with the Harlem Globetrotters at the Ted Constant Convocation Center. Folks who get the "Magic Pass" will also have the opportunity to spend time on the court with the Globetrotters-shooting, trying out ball tricks, and getting autographs and photos.
- Keep it cool with a night of jazz at the Virginia Art’s Festival Jazz Series at the Attucks Theatre, featuring vocalist Charenee Wade.
- Grab your friends and rock out with a concert at The NorVa.
- Or bring your friends out to any of the awesome events featured in the Delightful Dates! Because friend dates are awesome.