Love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is on its way. But don’t panic: Downtown Norfolk has you covered, from start to finish!
Prep & Pamper
Mind racing with thoughts of getting ready for the day? Or maybe you just want to treat yourself right? Downtown Norfolk has everything you need to feel and look your best!
- Bubblegum pink, sexy dark red, or chic black, VIP Nail Salon has got a color to match your Valentine's Day mood. Treat yourself in this beautiful private nail spa.
- Make yourself a priority: Smooth has a variety of waxing and skin care services to choose from, all in a calming, intimate boutique-style setting. They also have an amazing retail section: grab some eye cream, a bath scrub, candle, or tote bag while you’re there!
- Whether you want a quick trim or to try whatever is on the latest “Best Hair Styles for 2019” listicle, Salon Fringe has a team of highly skilled and diverse professionals to give you the perfect look. Or walk over to the trendy NEON District and pamper yourself at The Beauty Parlor by Q and Company, a full service salon specializing in innovative hair care and beauty while offering an exclusively Euro-chic and upscale atmosphere.
- Stock up on the makeup you love at Sephora & Dillards. Or treat yourself to a full-blown makeover! With fourteen years of professional experience, Makeup by Kim Nicole can bring out your inner beauty & help you take your special someone’s breath away – they also offer eyelash extensions!
- Everyone’s crazy ‘bout a sharp-dressed man. Details On Granby provides a one-on-one, custom tailoring experience to make sure you look your most James Bond. Swoon.
- Plan ahead to make a night of it! Downtown has amazing hotels, including Hilton Norfolk The Main, Sheraton Norfolk Waterside, Norfolk Waterside Marriott, Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown, and Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown.
It used to be easy: cut enough hearts out of pink construction paper for all of your classmates, then just sit back, relax, and enjoy some candy. But now, it’s time to step up your game. No pressure, right?
Luckily for you, Downtown has something for everyone, from the classic to the unique and one-of-a-kind!
- If you haven't already gone, you are missing out on all the local, handmade goodness that is Selden Market. There are so many gifts here that you can only get here, like handcrafted vegan soaps, unique modern jewelry, curated retail, modern decor, quality locally made leather goods, and more. And with weekly pop-up retailers, there is always some new gift idea to be discovered. Check out all the tenants at Selden Market.
- Looking for something as sweet as your sweetheart? Gourmet Gang is now taking orders for chocolate covered strawberries and truffles, or stop in at Chocollage and peruse their dessert creations. The Rustic Tart offers an array of amazing pastries, or grab a dozen delicate and scrumptious French macarons from Hummingbird Macarons & Desserts. Give the gift of delicious s'mores without the hassle of assembling a camping tent by stopping in at S'mores Amore in Selden Market and picking up a modern take on the classic treat you know and love. And don't forget all of Pop Culture Gourmet's amazing popcorn combos; you're sure to find something for the sweet, salty, or savory fan!
- MacArthur Center features one million square feet of amazing retail offerings, insuring that you will be able to find anything you need for Valentine's Day.
- For your One-Of-A-Kind Valentine, check out Prince Ink Print Shop for unique, only-in-Norfolk gifts, including T-shirts, notebooks, footballs, and more.
- Whether it be an ironic sweatshirt, whimsical home goods, or something completely out of the box, Urban Outfitters is bound to have something for even the hippest Valentine.
- Not a sommelier? Leave it to the pros: the folks at Tinto Downtown Norfolk in Dominion Tower can help you find the prefect wine to go with your date plans! Too busy to stop by? Check out Tinto's Date Night to Go! Order your favorite bottle and a mixed cheese & charcuterie board, and let the good people at Tinto deliver it to your car out front (or even to your desk if you work in the same building). Call 757-386-1452 to place your order.
- With sections for fiction, poetry, history, biography, boating, travel, current events, and more, Prince Books is like a bibliophile’s heaven. Seriously.
- Keep your Valentine looking on trend with Sole Food Kicks, and make sure to let them know they can come back as soon as they're ready and buy, sell, or trade to get whatever shoe is hottest hot next week, too!
- And maybe now is a good time to mention that a gift certificate to any of the options included in the Prep & Pamper section make a great gift! :)
Downtown Norfolk is always abuzz with activity, and with so many vibrant and unique options to choose from, you may need to make it a week long celebration!
- Is it a beautiful day? Get active and take advantage of the romantic waterfront: pack a picnic, hop on a bike, and explore the Elizabeth River Trail! Come down to Town Point Park and walk or bike the picture-perfect waterfront.
- ANCHORS AWAY! Grab your Valentine and take to the river aboard the Spirit of Norfolk for dinner or brunch. Stunning skyline views, inspired cuisine, and an experience unlike any other all make for the perfect celebration of love.
- Enjoy a creative afternoon and tap into your inner artist at the Chrysler Museum Glass Studio, offering Hot Glass Heart Sessions as well as a Flaming Heart Pendants on selected dates.
- Several Downtown restaurants will be hosting special menus for Valentine’s Day, including California Pizza Kitchen's "Sweet Deal for Two," available from Feb. 13-17 and Slide Thru #FAM's four course Valentine's Day menu. You can also check out ALL of Downtown Norfolk’s dining options here.
- Culture it up with the Virginia Symphony at A Very Special Valentine's Day Concert at the Harrison Opera House.
Celebrate with Your Squad
Who says couples have the monopoly on fun for Valentine’s Day? Get in formation, suit up your squad, and hit the town.
- We have two words for you: Drag Brunch. Now that we have your attention, Waterside District is hosting their fist ever Galentine's Day Drag Brunch, complete with 2 drink tickets, full brunch buffet, and amazing show. There's really not much more to say about this other than see. you. there.
- Show small businesses some love at Selden Market's Sweetheart Saturday, featuring pop-ups, special activations, music, and more!
- Laugh your tail off at Panties in a Twist, the epic and hilarious sketch comedy show written, directed, and starring women.
- Show your ultimate #1 BFF love by giving a spa day at Muddy Paws: a nice bath or a day of doggie daycare will be just what little Bark Twain needs to get a pep back in his step.
- What better way to spend a Sunday than celebrating your best ladies and delighting in avocado toast & champagne? Cure Coffeehouse and Brasserie is hosting it's 4th Annual Galentine’s Day Brunch, complete with mimosas, photobooths, art, music, treats, games, and more!
- Get your aggression out watching a fight at a Norfolk Admirals game.
- Grab your friends and rock out with a concert at The NorVa.
- Or bring your friends out to any of the awesome events featured in the Delightful Dates! Because friend dates are awesome.
NORFOLK THEATRE FESTIVAL
Love is in the air Valentine's Day weekend for Norfolk theatre enthusiasts! Join in as Norfolk celebrates its robust theatre scene with the Norfolk Theatre Festival: four days of spectacular productions, open rehearsals, artist talkbacks, workshops, and more. Check out a full schedule here, or check out the performances below.