Downtown Norfolk Restaurants
Downtown Norfolk is home to Norfolk's best and most popular restaurants. No matter what kind of cuisine you are looking for, you can find something to suit every taste. You can see all of Downtown Norfolk's restaurants listed out for you here, organized by cuisine, but here are a few highlights:
Classic Downtown Norfolk Restaurants
- Two side-by-side restaurants with two very different menus. Green House Kitchen serves up the most beautiful and filling salads you've ever seen. From the hefty "Everything But The Kitchen Sink" salad to the light and fresh "Summertyme" saiad, eating healthy never tasted so good. For something a little more decadent, be sure to check out Grilled Cheese Bistro directly next door, which serves up classic and comforting grilled cheeses as well as some more refined grilled cheese combos for a more adventurous palate (blueberries and brie, apples and cheddar, or a hearty Reuben).
- Grace O'Malley's has authentic Irish cuisine in a beautiful setting, and they have some great local music acts most nights.
- The Stockpot may boast a must-attend Ramen Night every Wednesday, but they are so much more than just soup. Fresh, delicious salads, sandwiches, a changing menu of toasties, and so many fresh, in-house made desserts!
Bars, Clubs, and Breweries
- Take a walk on the wild side at Hell's Kitchen or Pourhouse of Norfolk.
- Catch the big game or the next MMA fight at Baxter's Sports Lounge or Buffalo Wild Wings (and enjoy some great food while you're at it).
- Dance the night away at Culture Lounge & Restaurant, The Back Social Club, Scotty Quixx, or PBR.
- Catch a local music act at Tap It Local, Barrel Room, or Brick Anchor Brew-House.
- Grab a locally-brewed beer and a tabletop game at Bearded Bird Brewing Co. in the NEON District.
- Get your game on at Circuit Social, a barcade that serves up cold beer from self-serve taps, arcade games, and duck pin bowling! After 9pm, entrance is only for 21 and up only.
- Live music, djs, and more, there's always a party going on at Waterside District. Check out their entertainment schedule here.
Quick Bites and Late Night Eats
- Pizza in Downtown Norfolk is some of the best around. Benny Damato's offers up simply topped grab-and-go slices as big as your head (we're not exaggerating) for a low price. If you want more of a traditional pizzeria experience, Granby Street Pizza serves up delicious pies, garlic knots, and other Italian fare. Finally, you can't go wrong with a classic BBQ Chicken Pizza from California Pizza Kitchen.
- Jack Brown's burgers are flat out good and not overpriced. Pro-tip: don't ask for lettuce and tomato; they don't have them. Just trust the burger creations as they are; we promise you won't be disappointed.
- Every day is Taco Tuesday at Sanctuary, an eclectic spot in NEON District famous for its edgy decor and $3 "choose your own" taco creations.
- Famous Uncle Al's serves up fuss-free fare. Subway, Jimmy John's, and Which Wich are consistently reliable places to get a quick sandwich to go.
- Rustic Tart serves up incredible pies by the slice; you won't be able to resist!
- La Brioche is an authentic French bakery with freshly baked bread, croissants, tarts, and more.
- Urban Ice offers cold, rolled ice cream on a hot summer day.
- Hummingbird Macarons & Desserts at the Pagoda has delicate macarons in a beautiful, peaceful garden setting.
- Lamia's Crepes offers both sweet and savory crepes made in the French tradition right before your eyes.