Free Family-Friendly Fun in Downtown Norfolk
There's no shortage of free things to do in Downtown Norfolk, including family-friendly events and activities! We've put together some of our favorite free activities for you here!
- Town Point Park
- Here in Downtown Norfolk, we have front row seats to an amazing, breathtakingly beautiful waterfront that we love showing off. Consider a picnic, a game of catch, or just soaking up some sun and enjoying the view in Town Point Park.
- Public Trails
- The Elizabeth River Trail stretches 10.5 miles, and part of that runs right through Downtown Norfolk along the gorgeous waterfront, through Town Point Park, and stops by the picturesque Pagoda Gardens, the perfect place to relax, picnic, and play in free, open space. With easy-to-follow trail signage, the trail is a beautiful way to enjoy a summery day and get a little exercise while you're at it!
- Historic Museums
- Learn all about a great American hero at the MacArthur Memorial, a museum & research center dedicated to preserving and presenting the story of the life of Douglas MacArthur. Admission is free!
- Art Museums
- If you're in the mood for a dose of culture, head to the Chrysler Museum of Art, which boasts one of America's top collections of glass art, and so much more - and admission is free! Across the street is the Chrysler Museum Glass Studio, which offers free Noon glass demos and classes.
- Murals & Public Art
- Downtown Norfolk is home to Norfolk's NEON District, which is overflowing with creative murals and public art pieces. We're pretty proud of the NEON District and encourage you to go explore. Check the NEON's Facebook page to see if there are any guided mural tours coming up, or go on a self-guided mural tour using the NEON's website to guide you -- just be sure to check it out! The many stunning and unique art pieces are great photo ops!
- Seen the NEON District and craving more? Here's all of Downtown Norfolk's Public Art and where to find it.