Where to Eat on First Fridays
All the fun of First Fridays can definitely work up an appetite. Downtown Norfolk's restaurants are some of the best in the city, and at First Fridays, you're smack dab in the middle of them all. Here are just some of our favorite First Fridays restaurant picks:
- YaYa Asian Gourmet House is super quick and casual and has delicious Chinese food for you to sit and eat or grab and go.
- For a quick in and out, grab a wrap, flatbread, or bowl with a ice cold smoothie from Tropical Smoothie.
- Downtown is home to one of the region’s only Bonchon locations serving it’s famous Korean Fried Chicken and some great vegetarian options too.
- Want to keep enjoying the First Fridays scene but your stomach is growling? Grab an all organic gigantic burrito from California Burrito, sit on the curb, and chow down while you listen to the music and people watch.
- Grilled Cheese Bistro is a small spot serving big sandwiches, like the mac & cheese grilled cheese, blueberries and brie, apples and cheddar, or a hearty Reuben.
- If you're in the mood for something a little more health-minded, Green House Kitchen serves up some of the most beautiful salads you've ever seen. Their summer menu includes the Radiant salad with fresh grilled pineapple as well as the Moody Bleu with flank steak and beer-braised red onions.
- Hair of the Dog is a must for breakfast for dinner. Their benedict trios, chicken and waffles, and bloody marys are legendary.
- Looking for something sweet? Beat the heat with a gourmet rolled ice cream creation from Urban Ice, or head to The Rustic Tart to share a slice of PieCasso, a mouthwatering combination of pie and cake.
- Tap It Local has great burgers, filling salads, and a second floor packed with pool tables, beer pong tables, and other games to enjoy.
- Gershwin's 1930's aesthetic offers a lovely level of refinement in a beautiful setting. Grab a specialty cocktail and a charcuterie board or house made hummus, and relax as you enjoy live entertainment, including classic American standards like Sinatra and Cole Porter.
- Luce's new outdoor seating will give you a great people-watching opportunity, as well as a chance to enjoy the weather. Luce offers a fresh, educated Italian menu, as well as an extensive wine, beer, and liquor selection. It is an intimate restaurant, so reservations are recommended. But if you can get a seat, you won't be disappointed!