First Fridays After Party: September 6, 2019
First Fridays kicks off your night in Downtown Norfolk. But you don't have to go home: you CAN stay here. There is always a party going on somewhere in Downtown Norfolk. Here's what we suggest for September 6.
After First Fridays
- Push Comedy is always a Friday night scene, right in the heart of the NEON District. And while you're in the neighborhood, why not grab a taco at Sanctuary after the show?
- Speaking of laughter, Friday night happens to be Stand Up Comedy and Open Mic night at Southern Eats. Stand Up starts at 8pm, Open Mic starts at 10pm. Grab some Southern grub and laugh until it hurts.
- After 9pm, entrance to Circuit Social is 21 and up only. Have a blast playing over 80 arcade games, checking out the self-serve taps, and noshing on bites to keep the hunger pangs away.
Happy Hours and Specials
- Enjooy happy hour specials at Brick Anchor Brew-House, including $2.50 well drinks, from 3pm-7pm.
- Hair of the Dog's happy hour is perfect for before, during, or after First Fridays. It goes from 2pm-9pm and includes half off appetizers and drinks.
- 219 Bistro will have happy hour available from 3pm-7pm.
- It's Shrimp Night at 456 Fish, and happy hour goes from 4pm-7pm in their bar & lounge. 456 Fish will also be offering their Friday Night Flights special: choose any 3 wines by the glass for $9.
- Norfolk Seafood Co. & Big Easy Oyster Bar will have happy hour at their bar from 4pm-7pm.
- Leone's will have happy hour in their bar and lounge from 4pm-7pm.
- You can enjoy the evening on the patio at Southern Eats, where happy hour goes from 3pm-7pm, featuring $3 Pacifico’s, $2 domestics, $2.50 wells, $2 off call drinks, appetizers and draft beers.
- The Barrel Room has happy hour from 4pm-7pm, offering $4 premium wells and house wines, $1 off all beers, and $6 select appetizers.
- Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub & Restaurant has happy hour from 11am-7pm.
- Hilton Norfolk The Main has three different happy hours to offer:
- Saltine - $.50 James River Oysters/$1 Peel N Eat Shrimp
- Grain - $3 Domestics, $4 Craft Beers, $4 Specialty Wines, $5 Beer Cocktails AND $5 Tots, Chicken Tenders, Potato Pancakes, Pickle Fries
- Varia - $3 Domestics, $4 Cocktails, $5 Glasses of Wine --- Pick any 3 Tapas Menu Items for $21 OR $5 – Garlic Knots, Pizetta, Traditional Bruschetta, Calamari, Baby Caesar Salad
Where to Eat
Downtown Norfolk's restaurants are some of the best in the city, and at First Fridays, you're smack dab in the middle of them all. Check out our favorite First Fridays restaurant picks.