Work downtown? Want to ride? Participate in National Bike to Work Day! Try bike commuting on May 18th for a healthy, economical and fun transportation option. Then join us for Bike Month's Glow Ride in The NEON District later that night!
Bike to Work Day features pit stops around Norfolk along common bikeway routes and trails for bicycle commuters. If you don't own a bike, try Norfolk's new bike share system Pace Bike Share. Rides are only $1 per half hour.
From 7 to 9 am ride by a pit stop for water, fruit and more giveaways. Now with six bike-friendly locations!
Pit Stops will be located at:
* MacArthur Square-Tide Station, sponsored by Downtown Norfolk Civic League
* Elizabeth River Ferry Dock, sponsored by Hampton Roads Transit's Traffix
* The Plot, sponsored by Downtown Norfolk Council
* Chelsea Business District Parking Lot, sponsored by Elizabeth River Trail
* Llewellyn Avenue & 20th Street, sponsored by Ghent Business Association and Ghent Neighborhood League
* Old Dominion University's Webb Center, sponsored by Social Cycling Norfolk and Old Dominion University