Oh, Those Summer Nights
When the sun goes down, the lights come up here (literally, we've got some beautiful arch-lighting lining Granby Street that are oh so instagram worthy). We have great spots to hang out, from upscale to funky to sports, and you can find live music at a variety of venues. And the best part? Everything is within walking distance of each other! We highlight some of the best for you here, but you can also check out all of Downtown Norfolk's nightlife spots here. To see specifically what's going on tonight, tomorrow, or any time this summer, check out our event calendar.
Bars, Clubs, and Breweries
- Take a walk on the wild side at Hell's Kitchen or Pourhouse of Norfolk.
- Catch the big game or the next MMA fight at Baxter's Sports Lounge or Buffalo Wild Wings (and enjoy some great food while you're at it).
- Dance the night away at Culture Lounge & Restaurant, The Back Social Club, Scotty Quixx, or PBR.
- Catch a local music act at Tap It Local, Barrel Room, or Brick Anchor Brew-House.
- Grab a locally-brewed beer and a tabletop game at Bearded Bird Brewing Co. in the NEON District.
- Get your game on at Circuit Social, a barcade that serves up cold beer from self-serve taps, arcade games, and duck pin bowling! After 9pm, entrance is only for 21 and up only.
- Live music, djs, and more, there's always a party going on at Waterside District. Check out their entertainment schedule here.
Art, Music, and Shows
- Dance along (or hop in a mosh pit?) with your favorite acts playing at the Norva this summer, Norfolk's favorite concert venue, and voted as one of the Best Music Venues by Rolling Stone Magazine. See who's playing here.
- Unique Glass Art Experiences
- If you happen to be around on the Third Thursday night of the month, then you are extremely lucky because you can experience Chrysler Museum Glass Studio's Third Thursday event! Third Thursday is an awe-inspiring monthly glass performance with live music and a cash bar. It is seriously one of a kind, unforgettable, and not to be missed if you have the chance.
- Push Comedy Theater has shows every weekend that keep audiences coming back for more and more laughs. Oh, the hilarity!
Late Night Eats
After so much fun, we want to make sure everybody's belly is full. No need to fear! Downtown Norfolk restaurants are the best in the city, and they are all within walking distance.
- Benny Damato's offers up simply topped grab-and-go slices as big as your head (we're not exaggerating) for a low price.
- Jack Brown's burgers are flat out good and not overpriced. Pro-tip: don't ask for lettuce and tomato; they don't have them. Just trust the burger creations as they are; we promise you won't be disappointed.
- Every day is Taco Tuesday at Sanctuary, an eclectic spot in NEON District famous for its edgy decor and $3 "choose your own" taco creations.
- Grace O'Malley's has a killer late night menu and has some great local music acts most nights.